Sunday, December 8, 2013

Choose & Cut Christmas


I am proud to announce that our little Kell family of two officially has its first holiday tradition!! The day after thanksgiving Tyler and I made our way up to the mountains to choose and cut our first Christmas tree!! You have no idea how happy this tradition STILL makes me.

1. I never remember having a real tree growing up so this is something totally new and special for me!!
    
2. I absolutely love the smell of pine!! My favorite holiday candle is Bath & Body Work's Fresh Balsam scent - but having a real tree in my living room beats a three-wick any day!!

3. I love roadtrips with my husband. Some of my favorite memoments with my husband are spent in his truck. 

This tradition already has a special place in my heart. So here's all the details...

We started off getting a huge breakfast at one of the local places in town. Then we hit the road for Boone, which surprisingly only took us about 2 1/2 hours. We road the blue ridge parkway for a bit, getting out at one of the lookouts which was beautiful!! Next plan of attack was food - we decided to stop at the Come Back Shack. I'm a sucker for new, "different" types of places and thought this looked perfect. I had some weather appropriate chili and a pumpkin spice milkshake!! For anyone in the Boone area I am jealous you have this available at your every whim.



After filling our empty stomachs we hit the road once again to find us a Christmas tree farm - Snowy Ridge Tree Farm ended up being the lucky winner!! I thought the only challenge would be finding a tree the right height, but goodnight I was wrong!! It took us a while walking around to find one that wasn't too fat, too skinny, too thin in the front, too empty at the top...

My husband finally found one and said it looked just about perfect so I immediately jumped on board!!

Ring the bell, our first Christmas tree was born!!



I can't wait to share more memories and traditions from our first holiday season as man and wife!!

Next on the list is finding our first stockings, wish me luck!!


1 comment:

  1. This is great! I still have to pick my tree. I've been a little slow this year but can't wait to go next week to pick one out.
    Good luck on your stocking hunt.

    GREEN with a hint of BLUE

    Daniela
    X❤X❤

    ReplyDelete