Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Goodmorning Jack


Can anyone else agree with me that it's a zillion times harder to get up in the morning when its cold outside?! It seems like I hit snooze twice as often when freezing temps are right outside my window. It's a habit I definitely want to break because that goes hand in hand with no makeup and crazy hair for work. 

Not only do I end up looking like a grizzly but it leaves me with little to no time for my morning devotional. I'm super excited to start my new devo but more often than not I end up reading with a distracted mind during my lunch break - not exactly the "quiet" time I had imagined for my daily walk.

I will admit that setting time aside for Him is a new effort for me. I'm not completely blind to the concept but I never realized the gravity behind starting each day with Him. I recently heard someone speak to the importance of daily reflection, "one's morals and values can be easily defined in how they spend their time, talents, and wealth." It was a simple statement, yet so convicting!! 

Proverbs 8:34 | Blessed are those who listen to me, watching daily at my door, waiting at my doorway.

So far I've come up with a few ideas to help motivate me, aka the hibernating bear...

Coffee, naturally this should come up first when brainstorming because that's how I start every morning. Though, I think I need to tweak my delivery method and probably start using a brewing timer. Then... if I hit snooze one too many times and I'll have cold coffee waiting for me downstairs.

I'm also thinking that a good robe and slipper combo are going to be the key to a smooth transition from cozy bed to what's waiting on the other side. So besides that and a candy trail of chocolate leading to a hot shower every morning I'm out of ideas... Oh wait not true, big girl panties, I could always try and put those on ha ha!! 

But in all seriousness this is a commitment I want to make to Him. My heart has been pulling me towards this no matter how much I try and ignore it. I've realized there will always be an excuse, "I don't have a devotional, I don't know where to start on finding a good one, it's too early, I stayed up too late last night..." but those are all thoughts encouraged by satan, who I've realized I just need to shush!! 
So wish me luck and say a little prayer for me!! 

1 comment:

  1. You're featuring the claymation Jack Frost so I declare we are now blog friends! Happy to be your newest follower! :)

    Tatteredtotaylored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete