Monday, January 6, 2014

Rewind

A new year has begun and I am STILL trying to adjust to this whole 2014 thing... I must say January 3rd was the worst. You have no idea how many times I wrote 1/4/13 instead of 1/3/14 - Geez louise, I didn't even realize my flaw until one of my patient's at work pointed it out!! So before I can officially shut the door on 2013 and open the next, I feel a rewind post is in order!! 


In no particular order, drum roll please... 

I have claimed the title, college graduate!! After four long years of higher education, I am happy to say that I've found a profession that I love. After being accepted to a dental hygiene program I successfully made it out the other side with only two emotional break downs - and trust me that is definitely a win!! I love all my hygiene girls; we bonded like sisters through a grueling program. There was much learning, studying, laughing, crying, stressing, and venting (most likely in that order). I dare say we learned more about ourselves in those two years than we could have ever imagined.


Soon after graduation I passed my national boards and state boards, and the infamous clinical exam. Thank goodness I had an amazing patient that traveled all the way to Raleigh with me. After 22 years of not having his teeth cleaned he was able to trust me, a complete stranger and student, to clean his teeth a whole 2 hours away from home.

I definitely couldn't have made it to licensure without the support of my friends, family, and now husband - which leads me to my next marquee of the year...

I have a new last name!! My man and I finally said "I do" on September 1st, 2013. The day was beautiful and I couldn't have asked for a better man to share my heart with. Newlywed life has been amazing and I am continually reminded of how blessed I am.



He is my best friend, partner in crime, and stealer of ALL the covers. He is my everything and always. I can't wait to see what our future holds and the plans He has for our marriage.

This past year we also took on the adventure of homeownership!! Making a house into a home has been quite a process, but I'm hoping the new year will bring several check marks to our decorating/renovating list.


One of my favorite things about our little nest is all the privacy we have from our back porch despite being in a neighborhood with fairly small lot sizes. Since this picture, we've fenced in a good portion of the yard for Smoke (our german shepherd). We quickly learned his favorite part of the house - after several B lines to the creek running behind our house it wasn't hard to figure out. Tyler thinks this qualifies as giving Smoke a bath, though I am still less than convinced!!

And last but not least, 28 days before the year came to a close, I finally landed a full time job as a dental hygienist!! As previously mentioned this was quite a journey that left me with a valuable lesson on trusting His timing.

I'm sure there were more small victories throughout the year but these are definitely some of my favorite. I think in the life this 22 year old, two thousand and thirteen has been one for the history books!!


No comments:

Post a Comment