Monday, February 3, 2014

My Special Someone

Today I'm linking up with Brianna at Endlessly Beloved via Taylor Rae at Taylored and Turquoise. 

What better topic for February than that special someone, my husband!! Here's my ten favorite things about my stud in plaid.


One | He loves me. It is my favorite thing about our relationship, he loves me and I love him. A simple truth that keeps our life together alive and strong. 

Two | He loves my body. It might seem weird to put this in writing but I am thankful for his desire for me. I never realized how important this is to my marriage until recently. He compliments me, encourages me, and silences my insecurities. He loves and desires my body and only my body. I am blessed and thankful for this.

Three | He protects me. Aside from the fact that he is southern raise and basically owns an artillery - I have always felt safe in his arms. He always stand up for me and is never far from my corner. 

Four | He is generous. This is something I've always been impressed with. He gives freely and doesn't think twice. He is much more of a free spirit in this sense but it makes me a better person to look through his eyes. 

Five | He is driven. Since knowing him in high school he has always had focused career goals. He doesn't settle for okay, he always strives to be best of the best in his field. I believe in him and know he can accomplish anything he sets his mind to. 

Six | He is a good friend. He is a brother to his friends and family alike. He is loyal and never fails to be there when someone needs him. 

Seven | He loves our home. We can sit on the couch and watch movies for hours or lay next to each other while reading into the early hours of the morning. He loves spending time with me and doesn't need a list of activities to occupy his day. 

Eight | He makes me laugh. He has a crazy sense of humor that is uniquely his own. He always knows what to say to make me laugh and keep me smiling. 

Nine | He challenges me. He doesn't let me complain or have self pity, which I am sometimes guilty of. He always has my back and pushes me to be the best version of myself.  

Ten | He is a man of God. Even during our early years of dating he always impressed me with his faith. He prays daily, and constantly challenges me by example. He is the spiritual leader of our family and I love him for that. 

10 comments:

  1. Awh! This is so sweet :) Thank you so much for linking up! Your blog is absolutely adorable, I'm a new follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome welcome!! And thank YOU for hosting the link-up!! I love this topic so much :)

      Delete
  2. So cute! The pictures are beautiful! Found you from the link-up! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is great that he is so encouraging to you about your insecurities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't lie, we all have them, but he sees me as being perfect in my own skin - love him for that!!

      Delete
  4. Just found this blog through the linkup, and I'm so excited to be your newest follower! :) Such a sweet post- we have the same number 10s- definitely the most crucial element to a good relationship, in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I had to save the best for last!! :)

      Delete
  5. What a sweet list! I love that you added "He love my body." Such a great thing to have in a guy and so important in marriage! Love your blog, so glad I found it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Taylor!! I've been checking out your Wednesday in the Word posts!! I love that Jenni started that!!

      Delete